Saturday, October 2, 2010

This Week

Eating - So, this week I have been pretty good about eating right. I already told you about Monday and then Tues, Wed and Thurs were more the of the same (not EXACTLY the same - but I did pretty good). Friday on the other hand, not so much. Here is the thing - the first Friday of every month my work has this little gathering called "First Friday" (so original right?) and they usually have food and drinks and stuff like that, and this month was no exception. I had a pretty good lunch and I knew we were meeting friends for dinner so I didn't want to eat much - I just wanted to try a few small things they had there were unique (it was an 'Oktoberfest' party so there were some interesting things there). The problem came when they had this room full of desserts. They all looked good and I just had to try a little bit of a bunch of them. FAIL. Oh well, one day isn't too bad right? And I didn't totally overindulge like I usually would have, so I was better than I normally would have been.

Exercise - I did the run thing on Monday and then on Wednesday. I like going at night - something about the cover of darkness makes me feel safe (which is a bit weird, but whatever). The problem is that we colored my hair on Wednesday and then I stayed and chatted with Jasmine and her new roomie for a bit, so by the time I got home and then said hi to Jen and them managed to get up the motivation to go running and actually change clothes and all that jazz it was later than I usually like to go. It was fine, but I need to start going a bit earlier because it makes me stay up later - and I don't need anything that makes me stay up later - I already stay up late enough thanks! I haven't done the third day yet this week - I thought about going Thurs but I simply didn't feel like it, and then I couldn't yesterday because we had some friends in town that I haven't seen in forever so we hung out with them. I need to go today - but when that will happen is yet to be seen. At least I have tomorrow off so if I go super duper late it won't be a big deal. :D

Weigh in - I haven't done this yet, obviously, but I have weighed myself a few times and it hasn't been too good. I hate it when I try hard and nothing happens. Of course, the only times I have weighed myself this week has been in the evening usually not too long after eating, so I can't trust that, but still, it is worrisome. I know that week 2 is usually a plateau week so that is kinda comforting, but gah! How annoying. I will post once I get the actual results tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Mandi. And I think I need to come visit you. But I'd make sure we went on a run instead of going to dinner.

    ReplyDelete