Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 5!

So, this week has been so crazy - I feel like I have been doing something every single day. Of course none of it is what I should have been doing, but oh well.

Eating - I did pretty good again. Most days I drank a lot of water and kept my calories in check. I did end up eating a bunch of jelly belly 'belly flops' (I should never have opened that bag!) and I also ate a lot of gummy bears thanks to my roommate (how dare she). But I still managed to do okay. I find I can't eat as much of that junky stuff as I used to since I have been eating better.

Exercise - I was not very good this week. I went to Applebee's after FHE on Monday with a bunch of people, and then I chatted for a long time after that in the parking lot so by the time I made it home I didn't want to go running - so I didn't. I went on Tuesday and ran week 5 of the 5k 101 program (walk 5 mins, run 8 mins/walk 2 mins x3 then 5 min walk to cool down) and that went fine. Then I didn't run again on Wed or Thurs, but I did on Friday. I didn't Saturday either, so I only went twice this week. But it both times were good - I wasn't too tired or out of breath by the end which was nice (although I got pretty sweaty and a little rained on ... stupid Oregon).

Weigh in - I stepped on the scale and didn't really believe what I saw. The scale I usually use wasn't working right, but my roommate has 2 scales and she knows the conversion between the two so I used the other one. I had to double and triple check. And then because I was paranoid I had to check my scale here at work as well. It was right. My total this week is 7.02%! I can tell that my clothes are fitting better - a couple pairs of pants and a shirt that was pretty tight when I bought it are now getting loose. I like this! One of our participants dropped out (the girl who had been in last for most of the time) so now it is just three, but I am in the middle. Yay! And I am only about 1.5% behind the girl in first, so I can catch up! This is the last week of the biggest loser - but like I said, I am still going to keep reporting my progress on here since I think it will help me stay motivated. :D

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! 7%?! Way to go, Mandi!

    I don't think I could run 8 minutes. That's such a long time! For some people I know that's a mile. Insane. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete